Are you going to Graduate?
Ultimately it is your responsibility to make sure you have met all the degree requirements. The University provides several resources to assist you.
- Make sure you understand the EE Degree Requirements, the official degree requirements are listed in the Undergraduate Bulletin of Information
- Check the Graduation Progress System (GPS) under the Academic tab of insideND. Please note GPS is not perfect, as it will sometimes misclassify electives and not give you proper credit.
- Use Dr. Stevenson
Are you thinking about Graduate School?
Each year many of our students continue their studies in graduate school to pursue either a MSEE or PhD degree. Some of the schools that our students have recently enrolled at include: Cornell University, Duke University, McGill University, Ohio State Unversity, Purdue Unversity, Stanford University, University of California Santa Barbara, University of California San Diego, University of Minnesota, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Texas, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin, and Vanderbilt Unversity.
Step to take:
1. About 1 year before you graduate, take the GRE. Studying for this exam well in advance is highly recommended, as it plays an important role in the admissions process.
2. About 1 year before you graduate, start researching possible graduate schools
3. Look into fellowship opportunities, application due dates generally start in October
4. Apply, earliest due date are beginning of December
Are you looking for a job?
The majority of our students successfully find jobs before they graduate. Some of the companies that have recently hired our students include: Accenture, Acquity Group, Adage Technologies, Analog Devices,Apcera, BAE Systems, Boeing, Booz Allen Hamilton, Capital One, Ecalix, Epic Systems, Exelon, Garmin International, General Electric, General Motors, IBM, Kiewit Power Engineers, Kiva Systems, Knolls Atomic Power, Lockheed Martin, Luttron Electronics, Microsoft, MZA Associates, Northrop Grumman, Pacific Gas and Electric, Progress Rail, QualiTECH Engineering, Raytheon, S&C Electric Company, Sogeti, Schneider Electric, Spectra Energy, Stryker, TCI International, and Texas Instruments
Some resources for you to start your job search: